Charting a BPE
Charting a Basic Periodontal Examination from the Chart screen is quick and simple.
If a BPE is due, the BPE tab in the patient’s chart screen will show a red marker.
The patient’s BPE tab will show this red marker if the patient has never had a BPE recorded, or when the time has elapsed that was requested on their last BPE.
Clicking on ‘Record New BPE’ will bring up the BPE score grid.
- To add a score to a grid box, click on the box and type the number you require.
- To add bleeding, press the ‘B’ key
- To add furcation, press the ‘F’ key
- The combined score will change as you edit scores in the grid
- Setting a score of 1 will automatically also record bleeding in that area
- You can set a reminder for the next BPE exam. This will display the red marker again when the time has elapsed.
- Once the BPE is complete click ‘Save’ to record the exam
You can remove the Chart if required by clicking the Bin icon by the Chart Score.
To edit a saved chart, you will need to remove the chart and record again.
- Charting A Filling Across Multiple Surfaces
- Charting Overview
- Creating a Treatment Plan
- Creating an Estimate
- Deleting a Treatment Plan
- Editing Treatments on a Plan
- Guaranteed/Free Repair NHS Treatment with no Patient Charge
- Recording a Baseline Chart
- Reordering Appointments and Treatment Items
- Showing a Comparison of Payment Plans to a Patient
- Uploading X Rays and Photographs