Your inbox can be found on the main menu bar of the dental software. Here you can access the practice inbox where all incoming patient Email and SMS correspondence is displayed.
Here you can choose between viewing:
To the left of the inbox you will see the following options:
- Select All - select all messages
- Unread - mark selected messages as unread
- Archive - archive selected messages
You can also choose between viewing Email or SMS correspondence.
Matching correspondence to a patient
If a message came from a source that Dentally recognises, such as a patient’s email address or mobile number, it will also be displayed in the patient’s Correspondence tab in their records.
If the message does not come from a source that Dentallty recognises, you can attach it to a patient’s correspondence by clicking on the ‘Assign to Patient’ option when viewing the message. Just search for the patient’s name in the usual way once the option has been selected.
When you archive messages in the Inbox, they are removed from the view to keep things tidy. If they have been matched to a patient, they will still be visible in their Correspondence tab.
- An Overview of Patient Correspondence
- Composing a new Email
- Composing a new Letter
- Composing a new SMS
- Correspondence Data Tags/Merge Fields
- Correspondence Regarding a Specific Appointment
- Recording the Details of a Phone Call
- Uploading Scanned Documents
- Using Dentally Mail